Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment
- Job Duties:Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer’s instructions and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions and working directly with machine operator and the service department of machine fabricator
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes and hand and power tools
- Maintains safe and cleaning working environment while operating within safety requirements including (but not limited to) all company safety protocol and required PPE
- Controls downtime by communicating directly with Production Manager to schedule regular maintenance
- Maintains equipment, parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts and supplies; communicating order requests to Production Manager and verifying receipt of inventory
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests* Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed while communicating professionally, courteously and effectively with other employees
Mechanic Skills and Qualifications
Qualified candidates should have equipment maintenance expertise, strong technical understanding, technical zeal. Also have the ability to deal with uncertainty, basic safety, power tools, attention to detail, flexibility, supervision, job knowledge, productivity.
We are an equal opportunity and drug free employer.
If you are an experienced shower installer and would like to learn more, please send your resume today.
No third party recruiters.